Any legal issues related to families can be complicated, and they take a heavy emotional toll on everyone involved. Family law concerns often stand to completely change the lives of families and children, and these delicate topics must be handled with care and skill. An attorney who is experienced with divorce, custody, alimony, and other family law matters can help you achieve your legal goals quickly, effectively, and with minimal stress—while also protecting your rights and making sure your concerns are heard.
If you live in northern Virginia and have questions about a family-related legal issue you are facing, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 877-652-1553 for confidential answers and support. The Fairfax divorce lawyers of KFFJ Law have many years of experience with family law cases of all kinds throughout Northern Virginia, and we would be happy to talk through your concerns with you in a comfortable and approachable environment.
What to Look for in a Divorce and Family Law Attorney
The lawyer you choose for a divorce or family issue can make a big difference in both how it resolves and how difficult the legal process is. As you look for someone to help you with a divorce or another issue, you should take the time to speak with several attorneys and look for someone who…
- Has extensive experience with family law cases.
- Explains difficult topics in clear language.
- Is a good listener.
- Makes you feel comfortable.
- Offers realistic and practical answers.
- Has courtroom experience.
- Is familiar with the courts and laws in your area.
By taking a few extra steps to choose a divorce attorney who is a good fit for you and your case, you put yourself in the best position to meet your goals quickly and fairly.
Our Fairfax Family Law Attorneys Focus on Effective Resolution in Divorce, Child Custody, and Other Matters
We believe an effective resolution is firmly based on meeting the client’s individual needs and concerns. The experienced family lawyers with KFFJ Law always aim to thoroughly understand and discuss your goals and priorities for:
- Divorce. Ending a marriage can mean making many complex decisions about property division, equitable distribution, retirement benefits and pension, foreclosure, job loss and income issues, and more. There are some situations that also add difficulty to the process, such as high-asset or military divorces.
- Separation. While the law in Virginia doesn’t allow for a “legal separation,” it is possible to file for a limited divorce under state law that is similar to “separation” in other states.
- Spousal support. Spousal support or alimony can be a big issue in divorces, and individuals often need help determining income and finding assets.
- Child custody and visitation. Protecting children is always a priority in the legal process, and skilled legal guidance makes a difference in cases involving grandparent rights, child support, child support modifications, fathers’ rights, modifications and enforcement, relocations, and other issues affecting children.
- Paternity. Fathers sometimes struggle to protect themselves and their children in the legal process, especially when paternity is in question.
- Prenuptial agreements. Preparing for a marriage often means agreeing on difficult issues and future potentials that are difficult to think about, so it’s important to approach the topic with care and skill.
- Other family law issues. Any issues that change the shape of your family or impact your children are an obvious concern, and it helps to have legal guidance and support as you make potentially life-altering decisions.
When fair and amicable agreements aren’t possible, our attorneys are highly experienced in litigation and formal mediation, and we are passionate advocates for our clients in the courtroom. No matter what surprises crop up along the way, our ultimate goal is to help you come to a resolution that you believe is fair and provides the best outcome for you and your children.
Start Getting Answers Today by Contacting Our Experienced Fairfax Divorce Lawyers and Family Law Attorneys
If you are having trouble making sense of a legal issue that affects your family, don’t be afraid to reach out for help. At KFFJ Law, our attorneys serve individuals and families throughout Fairfax County and northern Virginia, and we are always prepared to…
- Really listen to what you have to say.
- Speak with you honestly in language you understand.
- Offer realistic expectations.
- Respond to your questions and concerns.
- Help you formulate a solid plan to reach your legal goals and protect your rights.
- Advocate passionately on your behalf.
It is our goal with every client to come up with effective legal strategies that are in line with their real goals and priorities. We are local attorneys with strong ties to the community and an approachable attitude, but we are also aggressive and highly experienced trial lawyers who advocate for clients with precision and skill.
Call our Fairfax law office at 877-652-1553 or fill out our convenient contact form for a prompt response.