As a parent, nothing is more distressing than seeing your child injured in an accident. Whether they were hurt in a car collision, bicycle crash, slip and fall, or any other personal injury accident in Fairfax or Northern Virginia, it’s important to seek legal representation quickly to protect your child's rights and help ensure they get the compensation they deserve.
It’s important to hire the right Northern Virginia personal injury attorney to help ensure you obtain a fair settlement from the negligent party. Here is critical information when choosing the right lawyer for your child's injury case.
Why Retain a Virginia Attorney for Your Child's Personal Injury Case
Caring for an injured child is no small task. You may need to take time off work, drive them to and from doctor appointments, and deal with mounting medical bills. You will also likely face emotional stress from the accident—both your child’s and your own. While handling all of this, it’s difficult to pursue a personal injury claim from the negligent party. That’s why it’s critical to obtain legal representation from a skilled VA attorney who will handle communication with the insurance companies and take care of all legal business associated with the accident while you help your child recover.
The Benefits of Obtaining a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Child
- They understand Virginia law. Personal injury laws vary from state to state, and Virginia has its own rules and regulations. You need an attorney with extensive knowledge of Virginia child injury laws.
- They will work to protect your child's rights. An experienced attorney can protect your child's rights, ensure that critical deadlines are met, and fight so your child receives the compensation they are entitled to.
- They can build a strong case. A Northern Virginia personal injury lawyer with experience in child injury cases knows how to prove your child’s claim. This includes gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and retaining accident reconstructionist experts if necessary.
- They can determine liability. Determining who is liable for your child's injuries can be complex. A skilled attorney can investigate the cause of the accident and determine who is at fault, whether it's a negligent driver, property owner, or another party.
- They can negotiate a settlement. Your lawyer can negotiate a settlement on your child's behalf and create a structured settlement if this is in your child’s best interests. They will also know how to deal with an insurance company’s attempts to deny your child’s claim or reduce how much they pay out.
- They can file a lawsuit. If settlement negotiations fail, an attorney can file a lawsuit and litigate your child’s claim.
Which Northern VA Personal Lawyer Is the Right Choice: Factors to Consider
- Experience. Look for an attorney with extensive experience handling child injury cases. There are many types of child injury claims, so be sure the lawyer handles the kind of accident case your child was involved in.
- Accessibility. You need a lawyer who is accessible when you have questions or want to be updated on the progress of your case. They should be able to explain things about your child’s case in a way you can understand and be someone you can trust.
- Track record of success. You need an attorney who has a track record of success in settling and litigating child injury cases.
- Cost. A good attorney should be upfront about their fees and provide you with a clear estimate of the other costs involved. Most child injury attorneys handle these cases on a contingency fee basis.
Questions to Ask a VA Attorney Before Hiring Them
- How many years have you been handling child injury cases?
- How have you resolved other child injury cases?
- How much is my child's claim worth?
- How long will it take to settle my child's case?
- Who will handle my case?
- How should I contact you when I have questions or want an update?
- How much will it cost to hire you?
Skilled Legal Help for Your Child’s Personal Injury
Our experienced Fairfax accident injury attorneys understand that when your child is hurt in an accident, it may keep you out of work; you may face expensive medical bills; and you may be overwhelmed and confused by the legal challenges of filing a personal injury claim. We know that you need skilled, experienced lawyers who can provide you with immediate help.
At Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC, we offer a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case, and all of our personal injury work is handled on a contingent fee basis. That means, you face no legal fees if we don’t recover for you. Let the personal injury attorneys at Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC help you obtain the justice your child deserves. Contact us online, or call us at 703-691-8333.