Child Custody Modification AttoneysAfter the emotional and economic struggle of a divorce, the custody battle or support award, most individuals would like to think of the matter as being over and done with. Unfortunately, this is often not the case.

An order awarding support or determining custody or visitation is a document entered based upon the circumstances existing at that time. Family situations and economic circumstances are ongoing and evolving. Circumstances change. People get new jobs, remarry or relocate. As children grow up their needs change. As these circumstances change it is often necessary or appropriate to modify the support or custody order of your divorce to meet the present situation.

Modification of Court Orders Can Keep Them in Line With Current Circumstances

It can be difficult for a divorce or custody order to be able to accurately predict what will happen in the future. When circumstances change, it may be time to consider modifying your custody or visitation arrangements or the amount of a support award.

Enforcing Family Court Orders

Sometimes it is not the circumstances that change, but the willingness of the other party to comply with the current order. If your ex-spouse or your child's other parent is not complying with the current orders, you can petition the court to intervene and hold that person to the terms of the original order.

AV Preeminent Rated* by Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating System

At the law firm of Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC in Fairfax, VA, our experienced family lawyers can help you seek a modification or enforcement of an existing court order. We know how important it is to have orders accurately reflect the current circumstances and that without compliance, those orders you fought so hard for are useless. Our decades of experience can help you secure the help you need from the courts.

Contact our Northern Virginia Attorneys for the Enforcement of Family Court Orders

When your family court order no longer meets your needs or the other party has ceased to honor his or her obligations, you can turn to the court for a modification or enforcement. Turn to the experienced Fairfax family law attorneys of Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC, in Fairfax, Virginia. To schedule your initial consultation, call 877-652-1553, or contact us online.

*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.