Helping You Achieve Your Child Support Goals

When a divorce is finalized, the judge will issue a final order establishing child support, spousal support, child custody and visitation. This order will stay in place until one of the parties petitions the court to change the order and a new order is issued. Over time, people's needs and financial circumstances change. If a parent can show that a material change in circumstances has occurred, the court may modify a child support order.

At the law firm of Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC, we handle cases involving both routine and complex child support modifications. Our Fairfax, VA family law attorneys are highly experienced in such matters, and we will work to achieve your goals as quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.

Contact our firm to schedule a consultation about a child support modification.

We also handle cases involving modifications in child custody, visitation and spousal support orders.

Changing the Child Support Payment

The amount of the monthly child support obligation can be modified based on a material change in circumstances, including:

  • Loss of a job by a parent
  • Increase or decrease in a parent's income
  • Change in a child's educational or health care premium
  • Change in the custodial or visitation schedule
  • Change in work related day care

We handle many child support modification cases that are "routine" in nature, in that they involve circumstances that can be easily demonstrated to the court or which are stipulated by the other parent. We can achieve these modifications efficiently, for a reasonable fee.

Complex or Contested Child Support Modification Cases

We also represent parents in cases involving complex or contested child support modification cases. These include cases where a parent is trying to hide income or voluntarily leaves the workforce or reduces income in order to minimize the payment of child support, or when a parent is fired for misconduct. We have the legal skills and the investigative and analytical resources needed to handle these cases.

Whether you believe that you are receiving too little or that you are overpaying child support, Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC, can represent you.

Contact a Lawyer

For a consultation about a child support modification matter, contact Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC, in Fairfax, Virginia.