If another driver caused your car accident injuries, you will likely face extensive medical bills, lost income, and significant pain and emotional suffering due to the driver’s negligence. Obtaining compensation for your recovery isn’t automatic. It’s important to take action following the accident, so you can recover for serious financial and emotional damages. There are critical steps to take to start the recovery process, so you protect your rights and receive as much compensation as you deserve.
Taking Action to Protect Your Recovery
If you have been hurt in a car crash, the following actions could help you protect your recovery:
- Get as much information as you can at the accident scene. This may include photographs of the cars and of your injuries, as well as gathering witness contact information. Additionally, make notes of what you saw and how you believe the accident took place.
- Get prompt medical care. It is important to go to the hospital or to see a doctor as soon as possible, even if you don’t have immediate symptoms of an injury. A doctor can make an accurate diagnosis, can prevent your injury from worsening, can manage your pain, and can develop a treatment plan. Additionally, this immediate visit to the doctor may provide critical evidence in your car accident claim when you are trying to prove that your injury was caused by the crash.
- Keep careful records. Your doctor should keep a medical record that may be useful for your recovery. Your records should include any out-of-pocket expenses made necessary by your injury, time you lost from work, and notes about your pain and suffering.
- Talk to an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible. A skilled lawyer can ensure that all of your rights are protected. You won’t have to guess about whether you are taking the proper steps if you are advised by an attorney.
- Gather evidence. Your lawyer can do this for you through written interrogatories, depositions, requests for documents, and other legal discovery methods.
- Negotiate with the right insurance companies. Your lawyer can represent you in all insurance negotiations and can make sure you are treated fairly.
- Take your case to court, if necessary. If the insurance company is unwilling to settle your claim for a reasonable amount, your lawyer can represent you in court and fight for your fair recovery in the courtroom.
Call Us for Help
The law allows you to make a fair recovery when you are hurt by someone else’s negligence, but that recovery will only happen if you take critical steps. If you wait too long to act, your time for filing a car accident case will expire and you won’t be able to recover compensation for your medical bills, out-of-pocket costs, lost income, and emotional suffering and physical pain.
Our experienced car accident lawyers don’t want you to suffer financial and emotional injuries in addition to the physical injuries you’re already dealing with. Please contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn about your rights and to discuss the actions we can take on your behalf to protect the recovery you deserve. If you decide to hire us, our work will be done on a contingency fee basis. That means, you won’t owe us any upfront legal fees, and we will be paid when your case is settled or resolved in court. To learn more, please contact us via this website or by phone at any time.