Medical Care and Compensation for Accident Victims

If you have been injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another party, you have rights. You can claim compensation for your economic and noneconomic losses, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. But just compensation does not come automatically. In fact, many insurance companies either deny claims outright or offer to pay far less than claims are worth. To get the medical care and compensation you deserve, you may need the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer.

The law firm of Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC, is a team of trial lawyers with a record of success in cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, and other acts of negligence. When you hire our firm, we will work tirelessly to help you get full compensation for all of your losses.

Contact Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC, for a free consultation with an attorney.

What to Do After an Accident

In the wake of an accident, vital evidence can quickly begin to disappear. You need to act promptly to preserve your ability to obtain compensation. You should take the following actions:

Gather as much information about the accident as you can — Including the names and phone numbers of witnesses, and the name of the police officer on the scene. Photos of the accident scene can be helpful.

Provide basic information about the accident to the police officer and give your name and insurance information to the other driver — There is no need to elaborate or describe minute details.

Get medical attention as soon as possible — Adrenaline released by the body after an accident can mask pain. Even if you feel all right, you could still be seriously injured.

Follow the instructions of your doctor — If you stop or interrupt your medical treatment, the insurance company can use this fact to deny the payment of compensation.

Do not make statements to your insurance company — Written or oral statements you make to an insurance company representative can be used against you.

Contact an attorney as soon as possible — In a free consultation, our firm can review your case and discuss what we can do to help you get the injury compensation you deserve.

Get Legal Help Today

For a free consultation about an accident case, contact Kearney, Freeman, Fogarty & Joshi, PLLC, in Fairfax, Virginia.